Why Make HVAC Maintenance a Priority?
Posted on May 5th, 2020 by Scott Hale Plumbing Heating & Air
Everyone is busy, preoccupied with daily responsibilities, and a little stressed out — especially during these uncertain times. Scheduling a seasonal tune-up for your air conditioner or plumbing system is probably not at the top of your to-do list, and we definitely understand why!
However, the consequences of neglecting HVAC maintenance can be extremely costly, and too many homeowners take a “set it and forget it” attitude toward their essential appliances and home comfort systems. By waiting until your air conditioner stops working to call the team of HVAC experts here at Scott Hale, you’re making life a lot more difficult — and expensive — than it has to be.
Avoiding a complete breakdown is just one of the many benefits of regular AC maintenance service in Salt Lake City and the surrounding area. Here are a few key reasons why HVAC tune-ups are an essential part of a healthy home.
- Indoor Air Quality — Whether or not you clean your home regularly, your family is most likely breathing less-than-fresh air on a daily basis. According to the Environmental Protection Agency, indoor air is up to five times more polluted than outdoor air. Clogged HVAC filters and dirty air ducts are a couple of pretty big culprits, and a malfunctioning air conditioner can also mess with your humidity levels — which can feel pretty miserable.
- Energy Bills — Speaking of clogged filters and dirty ducts, a poorly maintained system just can’t run at maximum efficiency. The harder it has to work to meet your comfort needs, day after day, the more energy it will use, and the more money you will waste.
- Return on Investment — You bought your air conditioner to keep you comfortable, and it wasn’t a small purchase. Don’t you want to get the absolute most for your money? Every home appliance needs TLC in order to perform its best, from your AC unit to your water heater to your dishwasher. Ignoring it and expecting it to run well for years is just setting yourself up for disappointment.
- System Lifespan — Speaking of spending money, imagine having to shop for a new air conditioner or heater less than a decade after installing your last one. You wouldn’t buy a car and never have it tuned up! Quality HVAC equipment isn’t built to last forever, but it will give you many years of comfort if you invest a little bit of time in caring for it.
- Fewer Headaches — Which sounds better: a couple convenient, pre-scheduled maintenance visits a year from your friendly neighborhood HVAC tech, or interrupting your schedule to make repeated repair calls for a home comfort system that never seems to perform up to par?
The thing about HVAC maintenance is, with our Service Partner Plans, we make it so easy and inexpensive!
Check out this infographic for more details about the program.
Read more about our Service Partner Plans here on our website, and if you’re ready to schedule a seasonal tune-up for your air conditioner or plumbing system or want to discuss indoor air quality solutions for your Salt Lake City home, don’t hesitate to call or contact us online today.